Dana A. Graber focuses her practice on representing clients in matrimonial and various family court matters. She primarily counsels clients on divorce, custody/visitation, support, paternity, and adoption proceedings. Dana has been with the firm since 2012 and in January 2016, became a member of Mark and Graber, PLLC.
While in law school, Dana represented low-income clients at Albany Law School’s Domestic Violence Litigation Clinic. She was also the Research and Writing Editor and Business Manager for the Journal of Science and Technology, as well as the Chair of the Dominick L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Competition for the Moot Court Editorial Board. Dana was also a Donna Jo Morse Negotiations competitor and volunteer for the Senior Prize Trials Competition. Additionally, she was the Pro Bono Leader of the Tax Law Project from 2010-2011, and Teaching Assistant for a Criminal Law Class.
- Albany Law School, Albany, NY, Juris Doctor, May 2012, cum laude.
- State University of New York College at Geneseo, Geneseo, NY, B.A. Psychology, May 2009, magna cum laude.
- Psi Chi National Psychology Honor Society
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
- National Order of Omega Greek Honor Society
- Italian (advanced), Instructor SUNY Geneseo (Italian 101 & 102), 2008 – 2009.
- New York State, Fourth Department, 2013
- Orleans County Bar Association, President
- Orleans County Coordinator, Mock Trial Competition
- Attorney Advisor, Medina High School Mock Trial Team
- Assistant County Attorney for Family Court
- The Interplay Between State and Federal Courts, published, CENTER FOR JUDICIAL PROCESS, Spring 2012.
- Conservative to a Tee: Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist’s Voting Patterns on Select Criminal Procedure Cases, published, CENTER FOR JUDICIAL PROCESS, Summer 2012.
- Relational, Physical, and Verbal Aggression in 7-Year-Olds’ Sibling and Friend Interactions.(Poster presented to the 21st Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Sciences, San Francisco, CA and to the 3rd Annual G.R.E.A.T. Day, Geneseo, NY).
- Childrens’ and Adolescents’ Relational Physical and Verbal Aggression. (Poster presented at the 20th Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Sciences, Chicago, IL).
- Wisconsin’s Criminal Law Under Shirley Abrahamson: Her First and Last Two Years as Chief Justice, published, Center for Judicial Process, Fall 2012.